Sunday 25 March 2012

Marketplace Restaurant - Aylsham

(Now closed)

16 Marketplace
Aylsham
Norfolk
NR11 6EH


Breakfast available
Mon - Sat
9.30am - 4.00pm

Sunday
11.00am - 4.00pm





The restaurant is located in the beautiful marketplace in Aylsham.




Fresh daffodils and a clean contemporary interior.



The menu has plenty to choose from.




It was nice to see veggie options available but the full breakfast is what I was going for.




A great mug of filter coffee was included in the price.




So was the toast and butter.




There was plenty on the plate and first impressions were good.



The sausages looked great but the eggs were looking a bit slimy on top.



Although a tad wrinkly the mushrooms tasted delicious.



I had a day off work and decided to visit Aylsham auction, it had been an early start so by lunch time I was really hungry. I headed into the town and spotted "All day breakfast" on the sign outside The Marketplace Restaurant, it sounded good to me so in I went...

Upon entering - Inside it is spacious and contemporary with a good selection of tables to choose from each with placemats, a menu and sugar, salt & pepper. There is also menu's outside, I had decided to go for the full breakfast and placed my order at the counter, everything you need is bought over to you by the waitress. 7/10

Service - The lady who took my order and bought everything over to me was really friendly, helpful and efficient. She gave me the option of beans or tomatoes, tea or coffee, brown or white toast and asked if I wanted any sauces. 8/10

Contents - 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms, beans, toast & butter and a hot drink. 7/10

Presentation - Quite nicely placed on the plate but the bacon was looking a bit overdone in places and I noticed the eggs were a bit slimy on top. 6/10

The food - The sausages and bacon tasted fantastic and were good quality meat. The fried eggs I struggled with as they were not cooked enough on top. The mushroom although slightly wrinkly in appearance tasted great. The huge portion of beans was spot on and went nicely with the hot toast and butter. 7/10

Value for money - Nice interior, friendly staff and a lot of food for you money that includes a hot drink too. 7/10

Veggie option - Yes, see menu in photo above.

Overall - I can't say I really enjoyed the eggs but some people like them served that way, everything else was great though and a fair price too considering it is a restaurant in a beautiful setting. The staff were really friendly and it was good to see that they had thought about vegetarians and the breakfast is served till 4pm each day which is a nice touch too. 7/10





1 comment: