Saturday 21 March 2015

Goodies Farm Shop Cafe - Pulham market

French's Farm
Wood Lane
Pulham Market
Diss
Norfolk 
IP21 4XU

Breakfast served all day
Monday to Saturday - 9am till 4pm
Sunday - 9am till 3.30pm
(Last hot food orders 2.45pm)



Goodies is just off the A140, a few minutes drive past Long Stratton, look out for the signs and you can't go wrong.



 Place your order and pay at the counter.




I was tempted but decided to keep things breakfast based.



The breakfasts are reasonably priced, served all day and include a veggie option.




I was really hoping it would be as good as it looked in the photo.




 Collect cutlery and sauces from this area close to the counter.




There are bigger tables in the centre if you are visiting with lots of friends.



Around the edge are smaller tables if you prefer.



 Everything on this breakfast can be bought in the adjoining farm shop.




Place your table number on the table and the food will follow, I was delighted to be number 7, my favourite number!



You can choose from sauce in sachets or these stunning Stokes sauces, it was a no brainer for me and both were really good.



A really nice cappuccino cost £2.20, the small biscuit kept me going till the breakfast arrived.



 This is what you get for £7.49, I paid an extra 50p for the black pudding.




It arrived piping hot and looked really good.



 An evenly toasted slice of white served with butter.




 No bean barrier here but such things just don't bother me as I eat them together anyway.




 A lovely fried egg and excellent quality sausages from the farm shop.




Delicious flavour and great texture.



 Mushroom fans are well looked after here and the tomato tasted great.




Before leaving I had a look around the well stocked farm shop.



I had visited the cafe at Goodies Farm Shop a couple of times now in the past for a quick coffee but the all day breakfast had always caught my eye. I decided to finally visit after work on a Friday to try the breakfast, it was a 22 mile round trip so I really hoped it would be worth it. My lovely wife and vegetarian inspector co-pilot wasn't able to make it this time, I jumped in the van and headed out on the A140 in search of breakfast perfection..

Upon entering - There are plenty of places to park outside and once inside you enter a large and well equipped food hall offering a vast choice of local produce. I later discovered that everything used on the breakfasts in the cafe is available to buy in the food hall allowing you to create this breakfast the following day at home. The cafe is a decent size with a row of long tables along the centre which are perfect for larger groups and smaller ones around the edge. It has a traditional look with chunky tables and farm themed pictures on the wall with a friendly and relaxing atmosphere. There is a counter to your left as you enter the cafe area, the breakfasts on offer are displayed on the blackboards overhead. Place your order and pay at the counter, collect your drink and order number. Just beside the counter is where you collect cutlery and sauces, there are sachets of sauce but I would suggest going for the bottled Stokes sauces. Once you arrive at your table display your number and wait for the food to arrive, salt, pepper and sugar is on each table. The system here flows nicely and everything seems fairly obvious and well thought out. 8/10

Service - The staff here were friendly, welcoming and doing a great job at clearing tables to ensure they were ready for the next customers. The lady taking my order (Hayley according to my receipt) served me with a smile asking if I would like brown or white toast and chocolate on my cappuccino. The food arrived at the table in good time and everything was already there so no waiting around to start eating, ensuring I could eat the food whilst it was still hot. As I left I was thanked and bid goodbye, a very pleasent experience indeed. 9/10

Contents - 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 slices of black pudding, 1 fried egg, 1 hash brown, half a tomato, mushrooms, beans and a slice of toast served with butter. 9/10

Presentation - The meats sat nicely in pairs on a large oval plate surrounded by the other items, all looking delicious. The toast was served on a separate plate and the cappuccino was accompanied by a small biscuit. 8/10

The food - I really enjoyed the meats from the instore butcher that are served on this breakfast. All good quality and really tasty, I was quite full up as I walked through the food hall on my way out but later regretted not buying some of the sausages to take home, next time for sure though! A perfect free range fried egg, crispy hash brown, very tasty tomato and a generous portion of nicely cooked button mushrooms. The beans were piping hot and the toast even in colour and delicious spread with real butter. Certainly a breakfast that was enjoyable from beginning to end, really enjoyed it! 9/10

Value for money - The all day breakfast costs £6.95, I added black pudding for 50p (bargain!) and the cappuccino cost £2.20. Everything cost under £10 and was definitely well worth the money, I left feeling very content. 8/10

Veggie option - 2 vegetarian sausages, 1 fried egg, 1 hash brown, mushrooms, tomato, beans and toast for £6.50.

Overall - I was expecting a good breakfast here and I wasn't disappointed. The added bonus of the farm shop makes it well worth travelling out to and I loved the fact everything on the breakfast was available to buy. A nice big cafe with friendly service offering a good quality and delicious breakfast that is served well into the afternoon. I can't wait to return again with my wife who is keen to try the vegetarian breakfast. 8.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment